The bank is asking me for a Taxpayer ID number. I have gotten an EIN number on the trusts that I have created but I have never gotten an EIN number for my LLC. Should I get an EIN number for my LLC and should that be a State number or a Federal number? When the bank is asking for a taxpayer ID number they are referring to your business EIN number aren't they? What number should I get for tax purposes? Do I need more than one? Where do I get these numbers?

A. Corporations and LLC\'s must be registered at the state level. Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN) and Employer Identification Numbers (EIN) are one in the same as far as we are concerned. You must get and EIN or TIN for each corporation or LLC. The IRS requires them for tax reporting

purposes. You can get them at