Q. In choosing a trustee. Can you choose someone who doesn't live close to you (does it make it difficult for signing paperwork)? Does the trustee have to sign paperwork each time the property is bought or sold. How much paperwork does the trustee have to do?

A. Yes - you can choose a trustee that is out of state. You may need to overnight the documents when you purchase the property.

Technically, they will need to sign the documents when you sell the property unless you are able to use your successor trustee or director of the trust if you have named one.

I have also been able to close on a sale of a property in a trust with a Power of Attorney from the trustee.