Q. I took over a house subject to and got insurance on it. Now I got a letter from the lender asking for proof of insurance. If not they have a policy that costs 3 times my policy. The policy is in my name not trust or company how can I show them this?

A. We always have our insurance company send them the official insurance letter to let the mortgage company knows that the property is insured.

The policy should be listed as the name of the trust, trustee, possibly your name as additional insured and definitely the mortgage company as additional insured.

If the mortgage company sees this, they should be OK.